What is love ........?

Love is a variety of different feelings, states, and attitudes that ranges for interpersonal affection to pleasure . It  can refer to an emotion of a strong attraction and personal attachment. It can also be a virtue representing human kindness , compassion, and affection-''the unselfish and loyal concern for the good of another''.

The word ''LOVE'' can have a variety of its definition but  its meanings is indifferent. Many other  languages used different words to express the concept of love .Although the nature of love is a subject of frequent debate, different aspects of the word can be clarified by determining what is love . Love is a general expression of positive sentiment . Love is as an interpersonal relationship with romantic overtone. Love is sometimes contrasted with friendship, although the word love is often applied to close friendships.

Abstractly discussed love usually  refers to an experience one person feels for another. Unrequited love refers to those feelings of love that are not reciprocated. love is not a blind and passionate lovers rapture. Love involves close union, deep trust, and the desire to seek the good of the other person above all else. These happiness when we know the beloved and are happy with what we know about him/her. Only then comes the trustful drive to give ourselves completely and to receive everything that the other person is , to form a ''we''.

In other words , in love, trust and generosity are key, inter related elements . Because we trust , we want to generously give our whole life . But we can not reach trust without mutual understanding.

In short, we can say that love is  composed of three elements:
knowledge
* I know where you come from and where you are going.
* I know how you are react when you are tired, angry, upset, under stress and when you are happy .
* I know most of your flaws and qualities.
* I know your values and I share them.
* I know that you are not perfect.

Acceptance
* I admire who you are.
* I like your physical appearance and your way of  being.
* I do not expect you to change in order to love you . Even if you do not change , I love you as you are.
* Among all the people whom i might like , I choose you.

Trust

*I know that you never want to hurt me.
* I can entrust my health , my money, and my future to you because I know you want to take care of me.
* I love to see you happy.
*I  know your aspiration  and am willing to support them.
*I offer everything I have for your material , sexual and  emotional well being.

For anyone who is a believer , it is clear that there is no better definition of love than the one jesus gave us. Love is no longer just a feeling ; it becomes the permanent action of self -giving or dedication to the good of the other.

Comments

Popular Posts